Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Red Like Crimson, book #16

 


Well, since I was at a loss about what to read next, I chose this one because it is by an author I typically like and the whole "Red, White and Blue" theme sounded July-ish.  But boy was I disappointed!  This must have been one of her earlier books because the others I remember reading of hers were much better.  Also, the Red, White, and Blue referred to seasons, as in red leaves (fall), white snow (winter) and blue (??).  

I must have gotten this book when I first got my Kindle.  To stock up there was this website that had tons of books for $5 or less.  I can't find this on Amazon at all.  Interesting note: The series is now called Red, White, and Blue Weddings but when I found it on Good Reads it was called Allegheny Hopes; which makes sense as well since all three stories take place in Pennsylvania.  It appears to have first been published in 2007, then republished in 2015.  It was probably rebranded then with a new fun cover and series title, but you would have thought that after Janice's success with her later books that were published by then they would have done some editing on the content of this one.  Don't get me wrong, the story itself is sweet!  It just seemed to be pushing the "red like crimson" theme in your face so much I thought I would scream.  Also, the child in this book is supposed to be 8, however she talks more like she is 5-6.  Just really hard to get into this one.  I'll not be reading the others.

When Adrianne found out she was pregnant eight years ago, she made the decision to leave Bible school and raise her child alone. Staying would have prevented her boyfriend from fulfilling his God-appointed mission in life. But every day since, she has regretted her decision. Chris-rejected, confused, and heartbroken-finished school and soon found himself in Nicaragua, loving life as a missionary. But the void left by Adrianne's unexplained departure remains. When Chris returns to the States for a friend's wedding, is his unexpected meeting with Adrianne a coincidence or a "God incidence?" Can they put aside the past and embrace a future together as a family? (photo and description at Good Reads)

Despite all I said about it, what was fun was that we just started planning our trip to Philly for October and this book takes place in Philly!!

Keep reading, even after you read a bad book!  There are plenty of good ones out there!

O:)
Melissa

No comments: