Such a delightful book! I was about 20% in when things started rolling around in my mind ~ why did some of this seem familiar? Was it like a text to text connection from other books I had been reading? But more and more I realized I *knew* this family, what was it? That was when I realized this was book #2 in the series and I read the first one here!
My favorite quote from the book that really hit home:
She’s put her trust in a God who . . . who maybe doesn’t make every crack disappear, but who holds all her broken pieces tenderly. Who heals her simply by being with her. Staying with her.
Professor Philip West never wanted to return to Maine . . . or his grandfather’s miserable old house. But after his mother’s death, he’s now the guardian of a teenage half sister who doesn’t want anything to do with him. He longs to help her heal, but he’s exhausted and numb, desperate for relief of his own. Maybe that’s why he’s so easily distracted when he happens upon the little shop with an intriguing owner—one who happens to share a name with someone from his grandfather's mysterious past. More than a decade has passed since Indi Muir made the heartbreaking decision she’s never recovered from—though she’s certainly tried. She has a full life running her shop and creating the artsy pieces that fill its shelves. If she can just stay busy, she’ll keep her hurt and regret at bay. But when her ex-fiancé returns to Muir Harbor, he brings news that shatters her carefully built walls. Things only get worse when lurking danger comes calling at her childhood home. The one bright spot amid Indi’s turmoil is the shy stranger who wandered into her shop months ago and his moody but lovable sister. As she confronts her past and the mysterious threat facing her family, she’s intent on helping Philip win over his sister. He just might win over Indi, too, if they can overcome old secrets and wounds, outrun rising peril . . . and take a chance on love. (picture and description at Amazon)
Next up, a book everyone is raving about. I had been holding out on reading it, but when 2 people in one week were telling me about I decided it was time to jump in!
Always keep reading!
O:)
Melissa

No comments:
Post a Comment