Monday, January 28, 2013

Book #8


In a word, exhausting.  But a good exhausting!!  This book has been on my bedside table for a very long while, but I have not been able to get to it.  After finishing "Love's Sacred Song" I had planned to pick this one up, but thought it might be a bit heavy.  (hahaha .... bibliomaniac humor!)  Then when I was talking to my mom she raved about "The Bridge" and this one both.  I decided to read "The Bridge" to bring me back around, then get started on this.  I was a little concerned I might not have time to finish this and our Book Club Book for February, but I should have known better.

The first night I read about 6 pages before I fell asleep.  (Not because the book was boring, but just because I was exhausted!)  The next night I read half of the book.  Yes, me who goes to bed at 8:30 at night was up until 3:00 in the morning.  It was turning into "Redeeming Love" all over again!  I finished the book the next day. 

As usual, Robert Whitlow does not disappoint.  Think of him as a Christian John Grisham and you've pegged him.  I love how he ties in all the legal jargon without you feeling like you have no idea what he is talking about.  He is a detail person, but these details are important, and to me it puts me right in the room with the characters. 

If you or someone you know has ever had an unplanned pregnancy as a teenager, this book is for you.  If you love thrilling legal fiction taken right off the newspaper headlines, this book is for you.  If you love Robert Whitlow or John Grisham, this book is for you.  Trust me, this book is for YOU!!!

One young woman. Two very different roads. The choice will change everything.
Even as a pregnant, unwed teen in 1974, Sandy Lincoln wanted to do the right thing. But when an ageless woman approached her in a convenience store with a mysterious prophecy and a warning, doing the right thing became even more unclear. She made the best choice she could . . . and has lived with the consequences.
More than thirty years later, a pregnant teen has come into her life, and Sandy’s long-ago decision has come back to haunt her. The stakes rise quickly, leaving Sandy with split seconds to choose once more. But will her choice decision bring life . . . or death?  (picture and description from amazon.com)

No comments: