Wednesday, February 26, 2014

A Plain Disappearance, book #6 ~ SPOILER ALERT....

AAUUGGHH!!!! BLECH!!!! GRRRR!!!!  

Ok, ok, maybe I should have waited a while to post rather than shortly after finishing this book, but dadgumit I'm just irritated!!  I so loved this one and this one, the first books in the series that I could not wait to read the last one. Spoiler alert, but there is no closure to this series. Maybe a small one in some small plots, but the biggies, nope. Nada.  And not only is there unfinished business with the biggie plots, she throws in more biggie plots and leaves them unfinished too.  The book description on the back does not even accurately describe what really happens in the meat of the book, it merely scratches the surface.  Either Amanda needs write another book to wrap everything up, or I'll just be mad at her for the rest of my life.  

And you wondered if my posts expressed how I really felt.  But please, feel free to read it for yourself and decide.  And if I missed something feel free to fill me in.  Again, English Lit was not one of my strong suits.  


USA Today recently hailed award-nominated author Amanda Flower for A Plain Death, calling it “the first Amish rom-com . . . bring on the next one!” As the enthusiastic reviews continue to mount, she’s back with her third Appleseed Creek mystery, A Plain Disappearance.

It’s Christmastime in Amish Country, and Chloe Humphrey has begun settling into her life in Appleseed Creek excited to see where her new relationship with Timothy Troyer will lead. Unfortunately it leads to murder when the couple discovers the body of Amish teenager Katie Lambright while on their first date.

Near the scene there is evidence that Timothy’s friend and auto mechanic Billy Thorpe is involved with the crime. The police reveal Billy is not really who he said he was and has been living the last decade in Knox County under a stolen alias. Now, Chloe and Timothy must find Billy, bring him to justice, or prove his innocence. (picture and description from amazon)


Better luck next time...
O:(
Melissa

No comments: