Tuesday, November 25, 2014

The Christmas Sisters, book #38

Ahh, sigh.  Started reading Christmas books and decided to knock this one off my Paperwhite list.  I was hoping it was going to be better than the last book --- and indeed it was --- but there were still lots of problems with it.  (I guess I'm just still reveling in my last good book and nothing is coming up to par.)  It was billed to be an eccentric compliation of a crazy funny family and their adventures, and I suppose it was to an extent.  It just seemed to me that the author was trying too hard.  Some parts of the book they were crazy family, some parts they were just normal, and you just never know which way it was going to go.  I will say, though, that Aunt Bert, was consistently my favorite!

I will confess, though, that this is the first in a series and it may be that even though I did not care for the book I may find myself reading the others simply to see what happens to these folks.  Ready to move on ...

Three sisters who only come home for Christmas have always been the talk of their small southern town but this Christmas they are going to start talking back and what they have to say may just change lives, especially their own.
It's beginning to look at lot like Romance in this charming story of an unlikely minister, the woman he loved but left behind, a special child and a town that might finally bring them all home.  (picture and description from amazon)


Happy Reading!

O:)
Melissa


No comments: