Tuesday, July 7, 2015

The guest book, book #83


In case you are wondering, no I did not read this in two days.  We were at the beach last week (holla!) and the Good Hope Road book I had was an old, falling apart book of my mom's and I did not want to take it to the actual beach in case it got more messed up.  (Which was a good thing, since thanks to the windy conditions my copy of this book will not be fit for the library now!)  So, since this is our Book Club Book for this month anyway I was reading it in between the other.

Loved this book!  It was a book that kept me sucked in the whole time, constantly wondering what was going to happen next!  There was just enough "Jesus" in it to make me feel good, but not so much that it made me feel like she slathered it on to classify it as Christian fiction.  The characters were very believeable and even though the story had a few more details than certain friends would prefer I found it a natural flow and not like she was pushing them on the reader.  

All in all I highly recommend it!


When Macy Dillon was five years old her father encouraged her to draw a picture in the guestbook of a Carolina beach house. The next year, Macy returned to discover a drawing by an unidentified little boy on the facing page. Over the next eleven years the children continue to exchange drawings … until tragedy ends visits to the beach house altogether. During her final trip to Sunset, Macy asks her anonymous friend to draw her one last picture and tells him where to hide the guest book in hopes that one day she will return to find it―and him. Twenty-five years after that first picture, Macy is back at Sunset Beach―this time toting a broken family and a hurting heart. One night, alone by the ocean, Macy asks God to help her find the boy she never forgot, the one whose beautiful pictures touched something deep inside of her. Will she ever find him? And if she does, will the guestbook unite them or merely be the relic of a lost childhood? (picture and description from amazon

Now its time to decide what's next!! 


Happy reading!
O:)
Melissa



No comments: