Tuesday, September 29, 2015

I, Saul, book #89


So when I started reading this book for Book Club I wasn't too into it part of it.  This book switches back and forth for each chapter between modern day and Bible times, specifically when Paul was in the jail right before he was beheaded.  I wasn't really in the mood for a Bible times book, but decided to take one for the club.

But of course, the more I read it, the more intriquing it became and before I knew it I was in hook, line and sinker.  Basically, the modern day part is a group of people looking for texts that Paul wrote about his life as Saul that was never published.  And the Bible times part is Paul writing these texts as a memoir with Luke.  But that is all I want to say about that so I won't give it all away!  

Chris Fabry (remember, a fav of mine!) had an interview with Jerry Jenkins about this around the time that the book came out, but now I can't find it.  If I ever do I'll post it here.

A MURDERER who would change the WORLD

From multi-million copy best-selling novelist Jerry Jenkins comes a compelling international thriller that conveys you from present-day Texas to a dank Roman dungeon in A.D. 67, then down the dusty roads of ancient Israel, Asia, and back to Rome.  A young seminary professor, Augustine Knox, is drawn into a deadly race to save priceless parchments from antiquities thieves and discovers a two- thousand-year old connection with another who faced death for the sake of the truth. I, Saul consists of two riveting adventures in one, transporting you between the stories of Augustine Knox and Saul of Tarsus. Filled with political intrigue, romance, and rich historical detail, I, Saul is a thrilling tale of loyal friendships tested by life-or-death quests, set two millennia apart, told by a master storyteller. (picture and description at amazon)


Happy Reading!

O:)
Melissa

No comments: