Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Maria, book #15

So we went to St. Augustine for vacation last week and I knew I had to reread this book before we went.  Well, I didn't get it done before .... and I didn't get to finish there .... but I did finish it when we got home.  And now I want to go back!!  (Of course, I'm always looking for a way to go back to the beach!)

A heroine you'll never forget. A woman who battles fiercely for survival and her own independence, but surrenders completely to the man she loves.  This is Eugenia Price's inspiring story of a unique American heroine-a woman whose strength and resourcefulness overcome every obstacle to survival in an untamed and turbulent lands. Maria is a true pioneer, valiant, hard-working, independent. But she is also a vibrant, flesh-and-blood woman, tempestuous in passion, steadfast in love. (picture and description at GoodReads)

I didn't realize until I finished ~ WHEN WE WERE HOME!! ~ that she was a real person and one of the houses she lived in is listed as (one of) the Oldest House in the US.  And I could have gone to it!  See, I need to go back!

Happy Reading!

O:)
Melissa

St. Augustine Beach, July 2018

No comments: