Tuesday, May 19, 2020

The Quilter's Daughter and The Bishop's Daughter, books 9 and 10

   


Well, I'm finally done with this series.  I guess it has just been a while since I have read Wanda Brunstetter, or maybe I just haven't read three books straight of hers, but it got a little old.  In all three books there was a sub-plot going on and I was more interested in the sub-plot than the actual story.  I'm glad they were all published when I read them because I would not have wanted to wait for a year or more to find out what would happen with this insane sub-plot.  And this sub-plot literally resolved on the very last page of the book.  
No spoilers, but if you have questions I'll be happy to answer them.  

The Quilter's Daughter:
Abby Miller leaves her successful quilt shop and patient fiance in Ohio to help her newly-remarried and now pregnant mother in Lancaster County. While she's away, Abby's world is shattered in one fell swoop. How can God make anything good come out of this tragedy? With shaken faith, Abby is forced to look for answers away from friends and family. Will she find them in the ashes of the past, in her love of quilting, or in the heart of an overlooked Amish man?  (picture and description at Amazon)

The Bishop's Daughter:
Leona is Bishop Jacob Weaver's daughter and a dedicated teacher in a one-room Amish schoolhouse. After her father's tragic accident, Leona's faith wavers. How could God allow something like this to happen to one of His servants? Outlander Jimmy Scott comes to Pennsylvania in search of his real family. When he is hired to paint an Amish schoolhouse, Jimmy and Leona find themselves irresistibly drawn to each other. Can anything good come from the love between an Amish woman and an English man? What secrets will be revealed and what miracles await God's people in Lancaster County? (picture and description at Amazon)


Anxious to start another book before I go back to work, but since BOOK CLUB I FINALLY MEETING THIS WEEK I'm going to see what Robi has for us!!

Keep Reading!

O:)
Melissa

No comments: