Saturday, April 3, 2021

Valley of Dreams, Wild West Wind Book #1 ~ book #7

 


Well hmm.  This one created a fair amount of unsettling in me.  

First of all, I've said it before and I'll say it again, Tamara Alexander has spoiled me for any other author.  I used to really like Lorraine Snelling's books but after reading so much Tamara I just can't.  I'm really going to have to remember to lower my standards when reading other stuff.

Secondly, this is a series.  Luckily I already have books 2 & 3, but there was a heated discussion about what constitutes a series at the dinner table tonight.  Apparently there are two kinds ~ one wraps up the story neatly and then in the next one we "hear" about the other story, or it's the same group of people and they talk about another character.  The other, which this one falls into thus far, is like reading a season finale of a TV show where there are about 1500 questions left unanswered and you have to wait MONTHS (or in a book's case, nearly a YEAR!) to find out what happens next.  I remember reading other series' as soon as they come out and then left with baited breath waiting to see what happens!!! Luckily I don't have to wait that long this time, but the thought that I even read one like that just irks me to no end.  :/

Cassie Lockwood's mother died when she was little, so Cassie traveled with her father's Wild West Show and became an amazingly skillful trick rider, likened by some to the famous Annie Oakley. When her father died, she continued to work with the show, having nowhere else to go.  Now Cassie has discovered that "Uncle" Jason, the show's manager, has driven the show into debt, and he's absconded with what little money was left. Devastated, Cassie decides to try to find the hidden valley where her father had dreamed of putting down roots. She has only one clue. She needs to find three huge stones that look like fingers raised in a giant hand. With Chief, a Sioux Indian who's been with the show for twenty years, and Micah, the head wrangler, she leaves both the show and a bundle of heartache behind and begins a wild and daring adventure. (Picture and description from Amazon)

All in all, this is a cute story, but it's gonna take awhile to see what actually happens.

Keep reading!

O:)
Melissa


  

No comments: