Monday, February 12, 2024

God's Plan for the Unexpected Bride, book #7

 


So, funny story about this book.  Since I am trying to read through the alphabet I was thinking my next book would be an E book, but then our "picker" for Book Club chose this G book.  I debated if I should:

a. Read an E book and F book really fast before I started this
b. Read this first and count it as my G book, I mean who says I have to read the books in alphabet order?
c. Read it as a "freebie" and when I get to G just pick another one.

When I realized it was 436 pages and I had two weeks before Book Club I figured I better ditch (a) and decide later whether I go with (b) or (c).

The book was a little slow at first, but once I got about half way through I was all in.  I recommend it, just make sure you stick with it

His teenage brother places a mail-order bride ad and now Ray is bound to her forever…
Josephine flees from her fiancée, who wants nothing but her father's fortune. Determined to seek redemption and safety, she answers a mail-order bride ad.  Ray is responsible for his teenage brother after their parents' passing. His strictness is tested when Oliver, in an attempt to defy Ray's doubts about his capabilities, places a mail-order bride ad, to prove that he is mature enough to handle marriage.  Deceived by Oliver's lie, Josephine knows she cannot marry an underage suitor, so she grapples with an unexpected solution - to wed his grumpy older brother. Is this God's plan for her?  (photo and description from Amazon)

Now I am on to read my E book, one I have been very excited about reading for a while now!


Happy Reading!

Melissa

No comments: