Thursday, March 14, 2024

Heart's Awakening, book #11

 



I wasn't sure if I was going to like this or not, it's got a pretty basic plot line: pioneer/out west etc widower man with kid/kids needs help, marries "in name only" a widow/spinster etc but then they probably end up falling in love.

Yes, that is how this one ended up also (of course, no surprises) but the way they get there is always a ride.  I'd recommend it, even if you might be bored with the story type.

With no means to support herself, Ellie Kilmer agrees to work as a housekeeper for the young widower who lives on Dillon Island, hopeful she can obtain a proper reference. But Jackson Smith quickly realizes that Ellie's presence may solve his own problems--both the rearing of his young boys and the scandal that surrounds his first marriage. When a marriage of convenience is offered, Ellie is initially humiliated. Though she is past the age most women marry, she has more pride than to agree to his outlandish suggestion. Yet what options does she have? To marry would mean a home and stability. So despite the rumors circling Jackson and his first wife, Ellie accepts this unlikely proposal... (picture and description at Amazon)

As I venture into an "I" book, it occurred to me I need to adjust a little how I am going about this.  In my large and somewhat clunky spreadsheets I simply have all the books whose title starts with "The" under T.  So no wonder sometimes there weren't very many books for a particular letter.  From now on, I'm going to adjust my "picking list" to include books that start with "The" where the second word starts with whatever letter I am working on at the time.  


Keep Reading!

Melissa



No comments: