Sunday, July 14, 2024

Sea Glass Cottage (Hope Harbor #8), book #25

 



Ahh, back to Hope Harbor! If you haven't read any of these, you need to!  Although you can read them in any order, it probably helps to read them that way.  However, I am apparently hopping around.  

Christi Reece is desperate. The one-time golden girl's life has tarnished, and a cascade of setbacks has left her reeling. She needs help, and she's certain Jack Colby is in a position to provide it.  When she shows up in Hope Harbor, however, Jack wants nothing to do with the woman who betrayed him. He's built a new life on the Oregon coast--and there's no room in it for Christi, even after she takes refuge in a charming but mysterious cottage nearby. Yet it soon becomes apparent his opinion of her may need revising . . . especially when he ends up needing her help.  Can these two hurting souls make peace with their past and open their hearts to a new beginning?  (Picture and description at Amazon)


Some good quotes from this book:

p86 ~ Charley quoting Thomas Jefferson " 'I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past.' "

p222 ~ Charley  "A mighty hand governs the eternal clock."

p223 ~  Charley "As my abuela used to say when I was a boy in Mexico, coincidence is nothing more than a small miracle in which God chooses to remain anonymous."

p225 ~ Charley again ( of course ;) ) "... when it comes to people, listening with the heart can improve our odds of arriving at a soun conclusion."


Next I'm back to "V" since my alphabet got all mixed up.  I've already started and I love being back with my pioneers and indians! :)


Keep up that summer reading!


Melissa

No comments: