Saturday, June 8, 2013

Seaside Letters, Book #18





 This book is the one we chose for our June Book Club and I must say I was a little disappointed in it.  Usually for the summer books we try to choose something light and fun and maybe a little beachy so this one seemed to fit the bill.  But either I didn't fully read the back summary, or was taken in by the cover (yes, even after all these years I confess I still judge a book by it's cover!) but it just really seemed to drag and drag and I thought I would scream my head off if the girl did not just spill the beans!!

But, that is me looking at this through my rose colored glasses and my goody two shoes life.  If I have learned anything through Book Club most people in this world have not lived my life.  Most people HAVE had trouble with affairs, cheating boyfriends, prodigal children, abusive parents, abortions, stepfamily issues, drugs, sex out of marriage, alcohol, the list goes on and on.  It takes me back to when I was in high school, probably a senior and we went to visit a local drug rehab place for teens.  When we left they gave us a sheet with statistics about how many teens do this illegal thing, that immoral thing, etc and on the bus ride home everyone was saying, "Oh yeah, I fit in that category, that category" and were laughing about it.  I could honestly say, at 17 or 18, I did not fit in any of those categories.  At first I felt "bad" about it, not being able to "brag" about what all I had done, and I tried to find at least one, but there was nothing I had done.  So I just kept my mouth shut.  But it wasn't too long before I realized how lucky I really was.  And so now, when I hear all these scary statistics about teens and high schoolers and think about my precious girls, maybe I won't be so scared.  Yes, it COULD happen to my girls, but I just pray they will be the "other" 50%, the "other" 75%, whatever, and that they will think on whatever is true, whatever is noble to guide them on their journey. 

Ok, wasn't expecting that little moment, but worth sharing nonetheless!


No matter where you are or how long until we can be together, I'll keep searching for you.-Tucker
Sabrina never intended to fall in love with Tucker McCabe, the man she serves coffee to every morning at a Nantucket cafe--especially since he's unwittingly tied to a past she deeply regrets. But she's fallen hard, though she's kept her feelings a secret.

When Tucker learns Sabrina is the research assistant for a local mystery writer, he asks Sabrina to help him with a little sleuthing of his own...locating an elusive woman he's fallen for online.

If Sabrina accepts the job, she'll spend her evenings in close proximity to a man who can never be hers. If she turns him down, he'll hire someone else--and that would be a disaster. Because if someone else sifts through all those letters and finds out the truth, Tucker will discover her secret...

That the person he's trying to find is her.
(picture and descriptions from http://www.amazon.com/)


No comments: