Wednesday, June 4, 2014

The Fault in our Stars, Book #15


Ok, she made me read it.  See, Rebecca and her friends are SO STOKED about going to see this movie Saturday and I told them I would take them.  I had seen the previews and read the first chapter or two, but she made it mandatory I read it before I go.  Now I am mad at her.  

See, the book takes all kinds of twists and turns you would never expect.  And now, I don't even want to see the movie.  (Not exactly true, I do love going to the movies, but I already know what is going to happen!!!)  Reading through all the bad language that is somewhat situational and somewhat unnecessary and all the un-Christian views on eternity and life after death was frustrating, but it really did open my eyes to a world I do not know.   A world where kids are sick and sometimes get better and sometimes never do.  Some are just a "grenade" ticking, while others actually do find a miracle and are cured for life.  Some kids DO make a difference in their world in their short life, and others end just a name on a list.  It will be interesting to see how true the movie follows the book, or if they change it drastically to fit in the allotted 2 hours.  

Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel’s story is about to be completely rewritten.
Insightful, bold, irreverent, and raw, The Fault in Our Stars is award-winning-author John Green’s most ambitious and heartbreaking work yet, brilliantly exploring the funny, thrilling, and tragic business of being alive and in love. (picture and description at amazon)


O:)
Melissa


No comments: