Tuesday, October 14, 2014

A side of faith, book #30

Wowzers but Krista Phillips did it again!  We read the first book she wrote last year and now she has written a new one, a novella this time that was a fun and quick read! 

When I first started I thought it was going to be like a Hallmark movie--you know how it ends, but want to see how they get there--and I was pretty certain I was right on track, until about the last 25 pages.  The funny thing is, I started reading this on our trip to the beach, thinking if I stuck with it I could actually finish in on the way down.  But other things distracted me and when we arrived I had about 30 minutes of it left to read.  (I was reading on my Paperwhite and sometimes its easier to measure it that way!) Now, in the mean time I started another book -- a paperback for the actual beach -- so I didn't pick this one back up that much, only at night when I was falling into bed SOOOO TIRED!!  I would read about a page or two, then zonk!  I was out.  It was really frustrating, but I just could not stay awake!  I finally finished it the day we left, while everyone else was working on getting the car packed .... (Don't judge, it was a crazy place we stayed and not as simple as it sounds to load the car!)  

We are reading this for book club next week and the best treat is that the author will be there!!  She lives here in Spring Hill and is coming to hang out with us!

Rachel Carter is on top of the world. A new job in a new town, friends, and a house to call her own. Men? Eh, someday. And when the time comes, she’ll go for a nice safe geek or something. She will NOT be repeating the mistakes of her youth. But then Cameron Foster comes knocking on her door, reminding her of the man she vows never to think of again.  God wouldn’t send her a man who reminds her of everything she is trying to put behind her...would He?  (book and description at amazon

Keep reading!!
O:)
Melissa


No comments: