Saturday, June 13, 2015

Dreams beyond tomorrow, book #81



I decided I couldn't resist and started the next book.  And finished it in just a few days since it is so short.  

Ok, I will admit.  This book, this series probably does not have a lot of likes here in the 2010s because it isn't even close to some of the stuff I read, but I still like it.  Yes, they made it to Oregon, but Cole is still gone all the times and poor Rachel starts in imagine if Cole really even does like her, even though every short time he comes home he tells her that.  They finally got to move their marriage to the next level, so to speak, but then he left again.  Star has kept her happy and starting classes has been fun.  Luckily Yolanda finally got her eyes opened to the scoundrel that Julius was, unfortunately it was a lesson she had to learn the hard way.  We think Cole may be home for a while now, at least I hope!  What fun is a pioneer story when the woman -- who already has to work really hard on the trail and at a new place -- and man aren't even together?!?!?  

Will you wear the ring - be my wife, my real wife - forever and ever?... After the long, hard journey, they stood on the little knoll - feasting their eyes on the beauty of Oregon's fertile fields. Rachel Lord, Colby's wife in name only, longs for the chance to finally make their wedding into a marriage. But Cole is a man with a dream which takes him away from the tiny settlement... widening the gap in Rachel's insecure heart. As Rachel strives to keep his dream of a city alive in the minds of the settlers, she is faced with the hardships of pioneer life and the agonies of love so long denied. Cole's trusted friend, Buck, becomes Rachel's much-needed shoulder to lean on. But can he protect her from the mystery behind Superstition Mountain and the threat of hostile Indians? Then it happens. The horrible event which will change the way of life forever in the settlement. Rachel finally realizes only her faith can sustain her and only God can fulfill her...  (description from here and picture from amazon

I believe next I will move back to the smaller series from my mom.  

Keep reading!!

O:)
Melissa


No comments: