Monday, June 8, 2015

Journey to love, book #80

Aaaah, my precious pioneers.  I know most of you all think I am silly but I have to believe there are some of you out there that love pioneer books also!!

Fleeing an alcoholic father who was trying to sell her, Rachel joined a wagon train bound for Oregon and married Colby Lord, a man she met only once when he tried to collect on a loan to her father. Angry and proud at first, Rachel finds her heart changing as the usual disasters strike the wagon train and teach her to put her faith in God.  (picture and description at amazon)

A little confusing and a little unbelievable at times, but since we have no idea what it was REALLY like in those times I think it is hard to say what is and isn't believable.  

This was a short one, so I might have to read the next one instead of skipping to another pile!

Keep reading!

O:)
Melissa


No comments: