Monday, September 5, 2016

Shadowed by Grace, book #18

Roger got me this book for Christmas and since it had been sitting in the pile by the bed for awhile I decided to take a break from the Paperwhite and read a "real book".  

Here's the thing I will always love about reading ~ it takes you away!  Just today I was finishing this book up and I was sitting outside while some girls I gave birth to flitting around and making all sorts of loud noise.  But I was so entranced in my book, all that felt 1000 miles away and in reality I was in Florence, Italy in 1944 and there were Germans shooting at me .... 

I love this book about the Monuments Men.  I had never heard about them until we watched the movie with Matt Damon and George Clooney, but then I was very intrigued.  I'm so glad he got me this book!  Hang on tight til the end!

Shadowed by Grace is a dramatic story inspired by the Monuments Men of World War II by acclaimed author Cara C. Putman. Desperate to save her dying mother, Rachel accepts her newspaper's assignment to travel to Italy to capture images dangerously close to the front lines of WWII. Her real motive - to find the father she never knew -- an artist she hopes can offer the comfort and support both she and her mother need to survive. It's an unlikely situation for love and faith to flourish, but soon Rachel not only finds herself, but also her long-lost earthly father, and ultimately, the man her Heavenly father created to cherish and provide for her.

In other reading news, I finally got my Paperwhite books in an order that is easily searchable.  If you will remember, not long after I started piling books on it I immediately ran into a HUGE problem!  While you can "flip through" the titles and covers of the books on your e-reader, you cannot see the summary on the back to know what the book is about!  And you can't see how thick it is!  So I have now undertaken the monstrous project of organizing all that information together with my good friend Excel.  I made a whole bunch of sheets in one document that breaks out all the books I have by Alpha, Fiction/Nonfiction Alpha, Fiction/Nonfiction number of pages, Series, and Fiction/Nonfiction summaries.  So now I can get on my one file and see what I want to read next.  I'm debating adding a sheet with Genres also, but I got tired of looking at all those titles!  

Happy Reading!!

O:)
Melissa


No comments: