Friday, September 30, 2016

The Doctor's Bond, book #20

For the less than two people who follow this blog, and are fans of Lee Tobin McClain's series The Sacred Bond you may realize I made a grievous error back in January.  When I read His Baby Bond I am beginning to think that somehow I was reading the wrong book. I am not sure what happened, but the book I have now on my Paperwhite IS the right one, and now I need to go back and read it because I am pretty sure I'm hooked on these guys now.  

In the words of the author, "The Sacred Bond series spotlights four former delinquents who grow up to become heroes due to a bond they made as teenagers." This particular book is #4 in the series and had I of read the right book with His Baby Bond (#1) this might have made more sense.  But that is water under the bridge.  

This Christian romance novel features Bad Boone McDermitt, who's back in Pleasant Haven, Florida to help his troubled nephews ... not to romance the preacher’s daughter! But the handsome doctor sees a kindred spirit in restless, talented Abby Smith, and he’s drawn to her spirituality as much as to her beauty. The problem is, Boone doesn’t think he’s good enough for Abby, and a few small-minded church people agree. As for Abby, she must choose between a dutiful life with the clean-cut minister dear old dad’s chosen for her and the dangerous, passionate freedom Boone represents. It’ll take a lot of prayer and an assist from the Sacred Bond brothers to teach Boone and Abby that sometimes, the biggest risk is in not following your heart. (description, quotes and picture from amazon.)

Of course, now the end makes sense because "The Doctor's Bond brings to a close the Sacred Bond series of Christian romance books." 

Sigh ... I need Amazon gift cards for Christmas.   

Happy Reading!

O:)
Melissa 

No comments: