Thursday, June 11, 2009

Staycation Event #2


Pardon me for getting my events out of order, I forgot about this one before I posted the other one! Anyhow, our second fun Staycation event was going to the the HiWay 50 Drive In down in Lewisburg! Roger and I went to a drive in once a very long time ago and I have been to one or two as a child, but I could not wait to take my girls to one. This theatre is about 45 mins away and a very easy drive. We got to see Up and Night at the Museum 2. I really didn't expect everyone to stay awake the whole time, but they sure did! During the first movie the girls were nestled down in the van, but it got very cold outside. So during the next one we all piled in the back of the van. It was quite squished up, but we survived and got lots of snuggling in! We left about midnight and got home around 1:00 AM.

I would love to take them back again this summer if we have another weekend we can go and the movies are acceptable. It was also dirt cheap, $6 for adults and $3 for kids.

I highly recommend it!

O:)
Melissa

3 comments:

Karen said...

Sorry we missed it. Michael ended up not getting home until after 7:00. Maybe we'll make it to the next one.

Betty said...

That sounds like a blast from the past!!! So gotta do this before summer ends for sure:)

Alicia (dna) said...

Yeah...I'm glad to read this review. We're heading there tonight.