Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Secrets over Sweet Tea, Book #12







Like my new, catchy title?  Original, hunh?  Looks I only have about 113 books left for this year to make it to 125...


Instead of reading the book I needed to about how to deal with crazy teenagers I decided to jump into this one since once again Book Club was sneaking up on me.  Man, oh man, again Denise caught me off guard, made me laugh, cry, and do some soul searching for myself.  I know this book was probably hard for her to write with her history, but it was so very powerful!!!  Again, highly recommend!!!  


Secrets can be funny things. We think they keep us safe, but more often than not, they spill out when we least expect and make a mess out of everything. It’s a truth Scarlett Jo Newberry knows all too well—a truth Grace Shepherd and Zach Craig are about to learn the hard way. As the lives of this boisterous pastor’s wife, polished news anchor, and beleaguered divorce attorney intersect in the tree-lined streets of Franklin, Tennessee, scandal threatens to topple their carefully constructed worlds. Grasping at survival, they embark on a journey of friendship and courage, desperate to find a way back to laughter, love, and life. (picture and description from amazon.com)

O:)
Melissa


No comments: