Friday, August 16, 2013

Savannah's Garden, Book #28

I am going to be SOOOOO very sorry in the morning (oh wait, I mean in 3 hours when my alarm goes off!) but this book was SOOOO good I couldn't put it down!!  As you know, I got hooked on Blossom Street a few weeks ago and couldn't wait to read the series.  Luckily since these books are older they are easy to find at the library.  Amazingly, the first two I read were actually the first two in the series, so I just picked right up with the next one.  

So apparently I hit a zombie mood tonight, which happens every few months, and could not put this down!  I'm pretty sure I read half of this tonight, especially when you consider I just posted the last book I read on Monday.  And that I have been very busy at home attempting to reclaim my house from the last few weeks of crazy.  Again, I loved loved loved this book like the others, despite it not being a "Christian" book.  There was just a little language and that whole wine drinking thing, but other than that if I put this up against some "Christian" books that aren't as well written and just throw the Jesus stuff in there here and there, I'd say this one would win hands down.  

Now to find the next ones at the library!!

It was the year that changed everything…When Susannah Nelson turned eighteen, she said goodbye to her boyfriend, Jake—and never saw him again. She never saw her brother, Doug, again, either. He died unexpectedly that same year.  Now, at fifty, Susannah finds herself regretting the paths not taken. Long married, a mother and a teacher, she should be happy. But she feels there's something missing in her life. Not only that, she's balancing the demands of an aging mother and a temperamental twenty-year-old daughter. Her mother, Vivian, a recent widow, is having difficulty coping and living alone, so Susannah goes home to Colville, Washington. In returning to her parents' house, her girlhood friends and the garden she's always loved, she also returns to the past—and the choices she made back then. What she discovers is that things are not always as they once seemed. Some paths are dead ends. But some gardens remain beautiful…. (picture and description from amazon.com)

O:)
Melissa

No comments: