Thursday, September 4, 2014

Hurricane Allie, book #25

Well, I got my little first world problem figured out on my Paperwhite (PW), but it involved a little work on my end.  See, when you download all these great, inexpensive books on your PW and then you finish a book and want to see what you want to read next, you go to your home page to decide.  Only what happens is there are only two views for you to choose from: book cover or book title list.  So guess what?  Are you with me? 

YOU CAN'T TURN IT OVER TO SEE WHAT THE BOOK IS ABOUT!!!!!

So, I then spent a good amount of time on Amazon looking up each book I had downloaded and did a little copy and paste of the title, author, # of pages, and a summary on a document.  And how long is that little document? Oh, approximately 14 pages and counting.  Because I have now bought more books since this weekend.  But it is printed in small font.  Whatever.  

So, I haven't been able to read much lately with all of life craziness as it is, and while I did finish the last book rather quickly, I was debating if I had time to read another one before I needed to start reading the one for book club.  Since my new document has pages numbers on it, I found this little novella with only 97 pages and knew I could blow through it pretty quickly.  Ha ha ... get it, blow through it ... a book about a hurricane ... Yeah, that's where I am these days.

Anyhow, I highly recommend this little gem for a quick read.  It is by one of favorite authors who writes a lot about weddings, and if it got a little cheesy at times, and you knew exactly how it was going to turn out, I still didn't mind adding it to my list.  

Even natural disasters can't stop love!
Wedding bells are chiming for Allie Stetson and Kyle Landon. As Allie rushes through wedding preparations days before her wedding, Kyle makes a last minute trip to New York to secure a new client.

Meanwhile, a hurricane bears down on the coast days before their wedding. Is it a bad sign the storm is named Allie?

Stuck in New York, Kyle struggles to find a way home. Meanwhile, Allie scrambles to find Plan B. Her perfect wedding is ruined but not even the forces of nature can stop a wedding that was meant to be. (picture and description at amazon)


O:)
Melissa


No comments: