Friday, September 19, 2014

Moms night out, book #27

 I saw the movie version two times in the theatre.  I laughed my head off both times.  I did a prebuy at LifeWay (you know, for the library...) and was holding my breath till it came out.  When it finally came out and I brought it home, I watched it with my kids.  They did not find in nearly as funny.  I still laughed hysterically.  

When I was able to download the book on my Paperwhite for next to nothing, I  couldn't wait to read it.  In most novelizations the author will add back stories and more life to make it more like a book.  I love Tricia Goyer.  It seemed like a match made in heaven.  

But alas ..... sigh.  Reading this book was just like watching the movie.  What little details "behind the story" she did add was so...so...so... pithy.  Like I'm sure my 13 year old could have written this and it would have been just as good.  Highly disappointed.  I know Tricia can write well, I have read some awesome books by her.  This was just not one of her better works.  Perhaps she should stick to made up fiction and not novelizations.  

An endearing true-to-life family comedy that celebrates beautiful parenting, Goyer's Mom's Night Out is a novelization of the film that portrays three harried moms, their husbands, a sister-in-law with a misplaced parlor owner, a motorcycle gang, and a bewildered cabbie whose lives intertwine after one momentous moms' night out. (picture and description at christianbook)

O:)
Melissa


No comments: