Friday, December 30, 2022

The Christmas Swap, book #47


Funny story about this one .... as you know I have now read a few non-Christian books and not been overly happy, but went with the cute story.  So I started what I thought was this one and in chapter it had all the things I despise about non-Christian books!  I was so disappointed and shocked and angry as we have read so  many of Melody Carlson's books before and she never had any of that in hers.  I was on the middle of going off about it to my DH when I went to look up and see if this was a new book this year, like maybe she was trying to "cross over" ... when I realized I was reading the wrong book!   Needless to say I was relieved Melody had not crossed over, but I was still irritated I had paid money for a book I didn't want to read.  Alas ...

Once I got into this one, it was everything and more that I expected in a sweet Melody Carlson book!  A nice ending to the 2022 Christmas book reading.


All Emma Daley wants this holiday season is a white Christmas. But the young teacher and struggling musician sure can't find that in sunny Arizona. Luckily, there's someone living in a perfect mountain home in the Colorado Rockies looking to make a vacation trade this year. West Prescott is an in-demand songwriter and talented musician who put his own singing career on hold to write songs for celebrity acts to perform. When his mother convinces him to do a vacation trade for Christmas, he never imagined one of the houseguests would be so sweet--or so strikingly pretty. Naturally, he decides to stick around, and, to get better acquainted, he poses as the house's caretaker. But when Emma's friend Gillian discovers his true identity and sets her sights on him, things get . . . messy. (Picture and description at Amazon)

My next post will sum finish out 2022 ~ stay tuned to see if I met my goal!

Always reading ...

Melissa





No comments: