Thursday, January 1, 2015

A Christmas Peril, book #47 and the end for 2014

Well, this wraps up 2014 book reading for me.  2013, my first year starting this "how many books can I read in a year" had 54 books, however 4 of those books were actually started in 2012 so really ... well, technicality doesn't really count on this end!

This one, ugh.  Of all the Christmas books I could have rounded out the season with I should have chosen another.  However, I only had a few days before I started back with regular books and wanted to pick a short one.  This one, which was luckily a freebie on my Paperwhite, fit the bill.  I'm pretty sure I would have enjoyed The Cowboy's Christmas Plan, The Santa Society, or The Christmas Bargain much better.  But they will have to wait until November, unless I decide to pull a crazy Christmas in July deal.  

Lucy Alexander's Teacup Novellas were inspired by a collection of vintage teacups her Aunt Lucille bequeathed to her. She's excited about writing the next book in the series, a Christmas tale loosely based on her aunt and uncle's love story set in the 1940s. But when a hostage situation lands Lucy's boyfriend in the hospital, she sets her work aside to keep a bedside vigil with Mark. As the long hours of waiting stretch on, Lucy starts to read her beloved aunt's handwritten diary. Shocked to discover a frightening story so eerily similar to the one she's living, Lucy longs to find hope and encouragement in the pages of Lucille's diary.

December 1944 - "The most wonderful things seem to happen when you least expect them," writes Lucille Alexander after a serendipitous meeting with Gary Reynolds, a handsome lieutenant home on leave from the war in Europe. The two are inseparable in the five precious days he has left before heading back overseas just weeks before Christmas. On their last morning together, Lucille accompanies Gary to the train station, already dreading the long separation ahead. But that would be the least of her worries after her brave lieutenant rushes to help an elderly woman in distress.

Lucy finds a strange solace in her namesake's ink-stained journal. Though seventy years have passed between them, would their stories have the same ending?  (picture and book at amazon)


Not sure what to start on next, but since I updated my Paperwhite list alone with 5 gazillion books there is certainly not a shortage of choices!!

Keep reading!

O:)
Melissa


No comments: