Thursday, January 29, 2015

Exodus, book #4


Exodus in three days.  Ok, so maybe I didn't ready every. single. word but I read most of them. 

Takeaways:

Despite the fact that names are a big deal in the Bible: names of sons, daughters, servants, people who are only mentioned once and never again; the names of Moses' parents are never mentioned.

No one can ever say God doesn't care about details.  Just read the second half of the book.

What does Sabbath look like in 2015? (31:12-17)  Is it something that went out with the old laws? We need rest too!

Has any church EVER had to say to its people: " 'No man or woman is to make anything [give] as an offering for the sanctuary.' And so the people were restrained from bringing more, because what they already had was more than enough to do all the work." ? (36:6-7)



On to Leviticus.  Seeings how I have already used on of my "grace" days, I'm hoping to catch up here.  I mean, surely I could read 27 chapters of Leviticus in one day with my 45 minutes allotment, couldn't I? Maybe?

O:)
Melissa




No comments: