Sunday, February 1, 2015

Leviticus, book #5

Nope, didn't read it in one day.  Muddled through over two, because I skipped a day.  Hopefully I can catch in Numbers?  Or I can get up at 3:30 one morning (ha!) and just read about three days' worth!!

Takeaways:

Thank you Jesus we do not live in those days!  It seems to me all they did was stand around and offer sacrifices!  How did they even have time to sin?  And if there were 1 millionish people, how on earth did they ever have time to do anything else?

I understand now that Leviticus had to be in the Bible to help us understand what all Jesus had to free us from.  But it also seems strange that if He KNEW that was going to happen, and that Jesus was going to come anyway, why did He let that happen? 

So He did come to free us from all the offerings and laws, but from all of them?  I mean some in there are pretty good, like don't mistreat your slaves, don't sleep with anyone but your wife/husband, keep yourself clean, don't use the Lord's name in vain, keep the Sabbath holy, etc.  Who decides which ones we should keep and not keep?  What about 19:28 that says "do not ... put tattoo marks on yourselves"?  I know some great Christians who have tattoos, ones that are not gross and irreverent.  I wouldn't mind getting a specific one myself, but I know that Roger would not approve so I won't. 

Here's to Numbers and a chance again to get caught up!

O:)
Melissa

No comments: