Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Judges and Ruth, books #10 and #11

Just plowing along right here.  

Judges: Again, how it resembles life.  God does amazing supernatural "supercali" stuff, we sing His praises, life goes on, we start not trusting, looking to other "gods" and worshiping other idols.  God gets mad, we realize our errors and beg for repentance, He - for some reason - grants it, we love Him, life goes on ..... I get so tired of this endless merry-go-round and wish we could just stay in love with Him and remember His ways without falling off the boat over and over and over again.  Come, Sweet Jesus!!!

Ruth: just love love love the sweet redemption of this story.  I am sure Ruth was petrified beyond belief to leave all she knew, but loved Naomi so much she stuck with her -- and ends up being in the lineage of Jesus!!  Talk about not knowing how your story is going to end!

In other news, I finally started my book club book yesterday, but I have no idea how I am going to finish it by next Tuesday!!  On average I spend about 45 minutes to an hour reading the daily Bible passage and by the time my head hits the sack I do not have the energy to last more than 5 minutes reading anything else!  

O:)
Melissa

No comments: