Tuesday, August 26, 2008

First it was the remote.....

In general, I have a pretty good idea where stuff is around here. Maybe not the one "little gray colored Littlest Pet Shop cat that looks like a dog and is my very favorite" toy, but big things, like the mixer, the coffeepot, my crockpot I could not live without, my bed, the computer, you know, things like that.

So it started in July with the TV remote. Not 10 minutes after Roger and Rebecca left for WV on a mission trip early one Sat morning, the rest of us were going to watch TV. Only guess what, no remote to be found. Granted, we could have used the buttons at the bottom of the TV, but I don't even think you can change channels with those. So I call them on their phone and ask Rebecca where it is. Her answer? "Hehe! Remember last night when I was mad at you because you wouldn't let me stay up and watch TV? Well I hid the remote way far down in the sofa cushions."
Ok, remote found.

On Monday of the following week while they were still gone, Leah, Katie and I went out and about and to the movies. When we got home my cell phone was no where to be found. I looked all over, tried to call it to find it, etc. Gone. So then panic sets in and I know someone stole it from me or it fell out of my purse and they are using it to call China or something. In the process I learned that you can put a temporary disconnect on your phone so calls can't be made on it, which was the good news. Finally the next day I called the theatre and discovered that it was sitting there waiting for me. Whew! TYJ some honest person turned it in and no one called China!

The rest of that week got hairy with my uncle dying, Roger and Rebecca getting back, making a quick trip to Atlanta for the funeral, we have car trouble, and on Monday we take the girls to Bowling Green to meet up with his parents and send them home with them. Whew! (As a side note, in a matter of five days, poor Rebecca had been east to WV, south to Atlanta, and north to Kentucky. She was a trooper!)

So Tuesday, my first day at home, I decide to download pictures from the camera. On guess what! No camera to be found!! I tear the house apart, call Roger, call Rebecca, no where anywhere! Finally, the Lord opened my eyes to it and it was found buried under the last pile of stuff I had not looked in. Whew!


Now, it is my MP3 player. I love that guy! I use it a lot while scrapbooking to worship Jesus in song while I scrap (the best of both worlds!) and while I'm cleaning up at night downstairs and sometimes in my morning quiet time. BUT, not for the last four weeks or more. I don't remember exactly when it went MIA, but it seems like it has been forever. The last place I remember seeing it was here in the office when the girls were trying to listen to it, but the earbuds are too big. I know it came back from Atlanta, but did not make it to Owensboro, as I recall, the first weekend in August. Again, I have torn this house apart, the car apart, my bed apart, my scrapbook retreat apart, the desk apart, the area around the desk apart. There was at $2 reward out for it, but now it has increased to $3. I have told SoloHombre that if I can't find it I'm gonna have to get another one because I really miss this thing!

If you have any information leading to the recovery of the goods, please contact me. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Luke 15:8-10 (Holman Christian Standard Bible, pp by me)

The Parable of the Lost Gadgets
8 "Or what woman who has 10 technology gadgets, if she loses one gadget, does not light a lamp, sweep the house, and search carefully until she finds it? 9 When she finds it, she calls her women friends and neighbors together, saying, 'Rejoice with me, because I have found the gadget I lost!' 10 I tell you, in the same way, there is joy in the presence of God's angels over one sinner who repents."


O:)
Melissa

2 comments:

Betty said...

Hey! I am so happy to have found you in the blog world! Oh-how we find time to blog! I love it!

Brittan Family said...

Hey girl!! I am glad to see that you are having some really normal days!! What would our life be if we didn't have trials!!!

...HUGS to you!!....

I miss chatting with you!

In His Grip,
Pattie