Friday, August 22, 2008

Guess I've been tagged...

I got tagged by Kelley and Alicia, but I decided those lists were way too hard and serious, so I decided to do a meme which sounds easier and more fun anyway.


What were you doing 10 years ago?

1998 found us in Nashville and Knoxville. I started graduate school at UT that summer and moved there that fall (Roger stayed here in town.) Then, that fall, I got pregnant with Rebecca!

Favorite Snacks
Unfortunately, anything chocolate applies here, the darker the better. However I working on loving raw carrots and cauliflower just as much, but I haven't made too much progress in that department.

To Do List
Tonight, get my scrapbook stuff together for an all day crop (woo-hoo!) and go to bed as soon as possible. (It's already gonna be at least midnight I am sure....)
In general, get on a schedule and stick with it in reference to housework, iron my clothes more than once a quarter, paint Leah and Katie's bedroom, I'm sure at least 1000 things more!


Jobs I Have Had
Babysitter
Pretzal seller (Hot Sam pretzals in Indy!)
Cafeteria worker and media center worker at college
Customer Service with a health insurance company
Bank teller (very short lived!)
Library assistant at a school
Preschool teacher
Librarian at church

Places I Have Lived
Indianapolis, Indiana; Jefferson City, TN; Louisville, KY; Nashville, TN; Knoxville, TN; Spring Hill, TN

Bad Habits
Wasting time on the computer reading everyone's blogs
Not vacuuming enough
Not ironing enough
Hiding in my scrapbook room while the kids are running crazy

5 Random Things People May Not Know

My maternal side of the family has an island named after them near Charleston, SC.
I had a cousin who played for the Atlanta Braves.
My two oldest children were born on the same date, and the same date as their grandpa.
Everyone in my family has a freckle on one of their toes.
I really want red hair some day.

CDs I would want if stranded on an island
Michael W. Smith Worship and Worship Again
Soundtrack for My Fair Lady
Joel Hudson anything
Any praise and worship

What I’d Do if I Were a Billionaire
Go back to Thailand and get another celadon bowl like the one Katie accidently broke.
Make sure my girls college education is taken care of now.
Maybe get a cute little China girl like Susannah.
Buy a house in Wade's Grove just like Shelby's, but pay Heritage Elem a lot of money so my kids could still go there....
Help out Katie Askren to be able to help more kids.



That's about it. A lot of this you may have already known, but it's been fun for me. Now I gotta go!

O:)
Melissa

1 comment:

Alicia (dna) said...

I think the 7 things is easier than the meme...although I had a hard time thinking of 7 things that I can do.

Glad you played...even if you broke the rules! :-)