Sunday, August 3, 2008

God is so good!

There will probably be lots of posts from me with that title, but I just had to tell you about Saturday's GISG! (Uh oh, here I go with the exclamations again...)

GISG because:
1. I have the supreme privilege of being a Campbell and a Couty (and a Watts and a Daniell, but that is for another day). On Saturday we had a Couty reunion (SH's maternal side of the family) and I was blessed beyond measure to realize the Godly tradition my in-laws were raised in. And they passed that Godly tradition down to their boys. And now, we are all passing that Godly tradition, I hope!, down to our 13 children (total Campbells and Coutys). So many of my friends were not raised in that and still find it a challenge when they go home to explain to their kids why Grandma and Grandpa say things and do things that "just ain't fittin' " ....
2. Leah sprained her ankle on Thursday at the museum, but she is doing much better now and only limping slightly.
3. Most all of the brothers and families left Sat night to drive home about 9:00 and we all made it home safe and sound with no one driving falling asleep.
4. SH had left his car downtown (where he works) and luckily I remembered it at just the last minute as we were getting close to the exit. So even though it was 11:30ish at night, he still got his car and would not have to go get on Sunday or get a ride on Monday.
5. I made it driving that short distance home (about 35+ minutes) without falling asleep.

I just love that Jesus who not only created the world and takes care of all the "big" problems in the world, but also the little, seemingly unimportant, details of my little life. What is not to love?!?

If you don't know my Jesus, let me know and I'll be happy to tell you about Him!

O:)
Melissa

1 comment:

CEU said...

Melissa, Thanks for sharing your blog. You have a precious family.
Christine