Wednesday, September 11, 2013

James & Mercy Triumphs, Books #35 and #36


Earlier this year I worked through this Bible Study with my friends from The People's Church in Spring Hill.  It was led by my good buddy Lori Leal and was life changing indeed.  During the course of the study I was challenged to dig deep to see what sin I had buried so deep I didn't even know I had it, but needed to bring it out and confess it.  After a week or so of praying that prayer the LORD brought to my eyes my sin of judgementalness and He helped to free from it once and for all.  I never realized how something so deep I didn't even know it was down there could be so disruptive to my life but it sure felt good to get that out!!

James: Mercy Triumphs - Member Book by Beth Moore provides a personal study experience five days a week plus viewer guides for the 8 video sessions of this in-depth women's Bible study. James, Jesus' own brother, started out as a skeptic. See how one glimpse of the resurrected Savior turned an unbeliever into a disciple. Bible scholars compare James to the prophet Amos. In other ways, James more closely resembles the Book of Proverbs than any other New Testament book. Topics in this study include: joy, hardship, faith, reversal of fortunes for rich and poor, wisdom, gifts from above, single-mindedness, the dangers of the tongue, humility, and prayer.  (picture and description from christianbook.com)


Naturally, during the course of the study I also read the book of James, writing down the complete book in the study, and picking apart each verse or set of verses daily as we attempted to grasp all that James had to share.  (picture from wikipedia)

O:)
Melissa

No comments: