Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Time for Bed, book #34

Ok, I decided that if I am ever going to get close to 100 books by the end of November I need to start being more realistic and writing down ALL the books I have read, even if they are board books and have only a few pages.  Granted I have read this one before, so it may be cheating, but I wanted to add it. 

This sweet book I read over and over and over every night to Rebecca when she was a baby.  Just going back and reading it recently made me wish she was a baby again when I could rock her to sleep and love on her all I wanted to ....

“It’s time for bed, little cat, little cat / So snuggle in tight, that’s right, like that.” This 1993 bedtime favorite from the Australian author Mem Fox and the illustrator Jane Dyer is now available in this small, square board book edition. Even the most reluctant snoozers will find themselves lulled by the repetitive rhythms, as the parent sheep, cat, snake, and fish implore their babies to get some shuteye: “It’s time for bed, little sheep, little sheep, / The whole wide world is going to sleep.” Dyer’s watercolor illustrations are bucolic and beautiful. A sweet, soothing lullaby.   (picture and book from amazon.com)

O:)
Melissa

No comments: