Tuesday, December 29, 2020

The Bible, books # 41-89


Revelation 19:1 Hallelujah!
 
If you remember, I have been reading through the Bible with Roger and Katie this year, along with some members of our church.  I was excited to do it with Katie since she had never done this before and I loved hearing her questions, comments, inspirations, etc.  

Roger is close to finishing as is Katie.  

Back in June I posted here and here about the first 17 I read, and here we have the final 49.  I was really thinking I might hit 100 books again this year like I did in 2015 (where I also read the Bible through in a year)

Not sure I am going to fit in 11 more books before Thursday night, but I did start a short one this morning.  

Despite the diversity of the Bible books and their separation in time, there are several unifying themes that run through both the Old and New Testaments:

  • There is only one true God. He created all that is the universe and takes an active, ongoing and loving role in its maintenance.
  • God loves His people of all races, nationalities and religions, and seeks their love in return.
  • God created men and women with the power to choose between good and evil. We are called to do good by serving God and respecting our fellow human beings of the world. Evil is a constant temptation that we must do our best to resist.
  • God seeks the salvation of all people, individually and collectively, from the power of sin and evil. God has intervened directly in human affairs and has also sent the prophets and, finally, His Son Jesus, the Messiah or Christ, to help us with that salvation.  (pictures mine, description from here)


Of all the books I have ever or will ever read, this one will ALWAYS be my favorite!


Keep Reading!

O:)

Melissa


 

No comments: